Monday, October 26, 2009

Mother of the Year

For those of you out there who thought you were receiving this award, you are sadly mistaken!!! Here are the top 5 reasons I think that award belongs to me...


#1~ I allow my child to pursue his dreams! He is trying out to be the next Twilight baby! I believe he has a great chance...
(that is marker, not blood!! look also at his hands)
#2~ I think that it is a great idea to NOT check on your children during nap time! This gives them the opportunity to explore without adult supervision! I wish you could see the beautiful art work on the carpet with markers. Truely remarkable!


#3~ I allow Grant to climb, climb, climb! He can climb into his highchair, onto bar stools then onto the counters, on top of his dresser! It is great for his physical growth!
***Here are just a couple pictures of him saying "CHEESE" again that I wanted to throw in***





#4~ I always lock him out of the bathroom while I am taking a shower! It is good to teach children modesty, and that they can make it on there own if need be!
(Beau took these pics)





#5~ And last but not least, once your child is able to say the word "bath", they also are able to decide their own bath times....

So there you have it! I hope I can count on your votes for this awesome award, that is unless you think you can beat my top 5!

6 comments:

mitzi said...

I love it! You make me laugh...I think I might be neck and neck with you for the award. You better not stand us up at Thanksgiving!!!! We love and miss you, Beau, and that sweet boy, Grant!

Unknown said...

he is crazy! I love it. I definitely nominate you for mom of the year. :)

Mother Warrior said...

Wow! You have a busy boy on your hands.
I can't believe how well he speaks!

Miranda said...

Oh my! That is so funny! You get my vote!

Kim said...

Yes, ma'am...you win! Ha! That absolutely cracked me up! Way to go, Joni! Can't wait to see why you will win again next year! And just imagine 10 years from now! You'll have some great stories! Love ya!
PS. Glad you finally turned on the light to the bathroom...I was beginning to think something was wrong with my laptop! :)

Trent and Mindy said...

that is so crazy hilarious!! I love the bath/shower video. He's is so busy, how in the world could you keep up? You ARE a great mom! Mindy