Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My First Christmas...and A Prayer Request

We arrived in Texas on the Saturday before Christmas for a much needed 10 day vacation. Beau grew up on a ranch, and his house is literally in the middle of a pasture. His driveway is a long dirt road so it is tradition for the kids to get out of their seat belts and drive up to the house. Here is Grant's first time to drive, and he is just a little proud of himself:)Prayer Request:
When we arrived everyone was outside waiting for us, which is not unusual, but this time everyone seem to be faking their smiles. Beau and I both felt sick at our stomaches and began to worry because his Uncle Bruce (which you can read more about in Mitzi's Memoirs) had his kidney removed two days prior due to a football sized tumor, which was cancerous. Thankfully Bruce was fine, but Doodaa (aka Beau's mom) was not. She had just received the news that she has breast cancer.
She went today to have a bunch of scans and tests to see if there are anymore hot spots. I am asking everyone to PLEASE pray that there are none!! Pray that the least amount of surgery will have to be done with no chemo or radiation! She will find out her tests results when she meets with her surgeon next Tuesday.

God is so good!! I love my extended family so much! In spite of the bad news we were still able to laugh and have a good time together.
Here is Beau driving "RC" which if you look at his face he quite possibly might have the same smile as Grant in the first picture.



Doodaa let Grant open a gift before Christmas so he would have something to play with and it was a hit!!!







Mit, Jeff, Thatcher, and Dusty all came down to Mimi's and then out to the ranch!! We love to see them!! We are planning on going to the beach this summer together and we can't wait!!!!!











Doodaa and Pops with all the grandkids...
Grant, Cassie, Colt, Kennedy, and Jace








A little "Risky Business"...








On Saturday we left and went to Abilene where we got to see some friends. This is Chandler and Caitlin who I babysat when I was at ACU. They were in Kindergarten and 2nd grade. Now Caitlin is a freshman at Tech!!!!! They are both beautiful girls inside and out!!! I miss them (and Jan) so much and love them even more:)




Then our friends Aaron and Kim invited us over Sunday evening. They have two boys Jake and Jack, who are absolutely precious. Kim and I both think Jack and Grant could be brothers. I loved getting to watch him play with other little boys his age.















Poor Grant had a runny nose and just looks delirious in all these pics. Here is Jake, Jack, and Grant...

Anyway I hope you all had a blessed holiday and an even better New Year:)

Sidenote for Kristy: FOR THE LOVE
and remember two of us makes 1 Heather...son ...:)






4 comments:

annalee said...

i am and will be praying for your mother-in-law and test results. what sweet pictures of you guys time together!

Kim said...

I loved seeing yall! Thank you so much for coming over! We had a GREAT time! And yes, if A makes it up that way agian soon, I will do my best to come! I would love it! Jake and Jack would love more time with Grant. Anyhow, we will be praying for Beau's mom for sure...count on that. Keep us posted. Have a great New Years Eve and Happy New Year (early!)!

Tricia said...

Sorry I have not called you back. I will try and call tomorrow. I just sent you the evite. Let me know if don't get it for the party. Is Beau coming too?

heatherw said...

is there a secret message for me in this post?