Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Definition of a True Friend...Mere Ware

I know you all read Mere's blog b/c that is how you got to mine, so you will remember her posting about real friendships and awkard ones. This is my post on how I define a true friend...

Someone you can hang out with for a week, and never

get tired of. You never get bored with just sitting around

talking and laughing. You always find things to do like set

the timer on your camera and take tons of photos of yourselves.

You don't mind sitting out on the deck drinking coffee together

while your kids are in "center time".





You don't get upset when they

wake you up at 12:30 a.m. in their sleep to tell you that there

are bugs in the bed and then about 5 minutes into it realize


they were just dreaming, then lay there for about 20 minutes laughing

harder then I think we have ever laughed.



A true friend also knows how to make fun of their children together.




But the ultimate definition of a true friend is someone who will risk their life, and their child's life, on a death trap of a plane to come visit you!!! Love ya Mere!!

4 comments:

Mere Ware said...

I love you too, Jones! We had such a great time. Right now Blake is having center time so I can type this! Thank you so much for my very own post! Miss you already!

Shauna said...

I am a little jealous right now. Ok, a lot jealous. I miss you my Joni pants. Ok - I am going to design your blog this week. I promise. I have been so busy friend so you kind of got put on the back burner. I will design you and Mere's this week! :) Ok - I love you!

Mere Ware said...

Shauna: Super cute!! Way better than we did.

Joni: So proud of you for working out this morning! I went too. Blake has been sleeping in so it has been a little hard to get out of bed. But I made it. It is a great day!

Kim W. said...

The pictures of you and Meredith cracked me up! Yall are too funny! And that is the sweetest post! You are a great friend, indeed! And I am so glad I married Aaron cause now I get to be your friend! He always had the nicest things to say about you -- and I couldn't agree more. Thanks, Aaron! Anyhow, hope yall are doing well. Give Grant a big HELLO from Jake and Jack.