Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Week Full of Firsts...

Ok first of all my computer kept putting these pictures in a different order then I had placed them and it is frustrating me. Also I saw Anna and Kason, Mit and Thatcher, and have pics from both, but for some reason my blog will not put them up. I will post on that later, but know that I love ya'll. Moving on...



#1 First Youth Retreat...

Here are a few pics from Grant's first youth retreat. We stayed the weekend in some cottages down on the river. He was so great the whole weekend. The kids loved that he came:)












#2 First teeth...

That's right TEETH! His two bottom teeth came in at the same time, and when I was looking at this pic at home I could see them really well, now I am not so sure, but believe me they are there.



#3 First trip to the zoo...

We went to Boo at the Zoo with Mere, Ryan, Blake, Heather, Jonathon, Layne, and Bowen. It was so fun:)














Blake was the sweetest chicken:)

Grant didn't have his whole sock monkey outfit. I had packed his little hat to show our friends, so that's all poor Grant had.




This picture is one of those that is randomly placed. I just thought it was cute, no real first.




#4 First trip to the courthouse...

Yesterday Grant's adoption was finalized!!! It was the coolest day. Both Beau and I said it felt kinda of like a wedding ceremony. Anyway here we are with the most precious judge and our case worker Kelly who quite honestly feels like family to us. She was with Grant the day he was born, and that is very special to me. We love her and appreciate her more than words could ever express.


More pics from the zoo that were placed weird...
We just want to say Thank you to all of you who prayed for us and our future children. God is so good, and not only blessed us with amazing family and friends, but now has placed in our care for his glory, Grant:)


































































































































































































































































































































5 comments:

Mere Ware said...

I miss you already, friend!

That is the longest space before the comments section EVER....

Kim said...

So happy for your sweet family! Grant is such a blessed little thing! Too cute! Love you! Come back to A-town soon!!

Glynis said...

YEA!!! I'm so glad it is all official.
His sock monkey hat is SO adorable - I can't wait to see pics of the whole costume.

annalee said...

i can remember my sister's final adoption ceremony like it was yesterday! what a wonderful reason to celebrate! grant has obviously blessed your family so much and i know he is blessed to have you for parents.

Kelly Vaughn said...

Okay..I was looking at your blog tonight and kept scrolling on down and then there we were!! I was so excited to see all of us...it was a wonderful day and I love that you feel like I am family!! I am honored! Grant is SO special to me and I feel so privileged to be a tiny part of his story. Stay in touch!
Expect blessing!