Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy 13th Hope!!!





Hope wanted a poem like her mothers so here we go again:)...

I can not believe


That on the 20th of July


My precious niece Hope turned 13


It has to be a lie!



I remember when she was small



She couldn't wait for this day



She said she wanted to be a teenager



In the worst kind of way.




When Hope was little she said sweet things



Like "Kunga" and "Gim, Gim, Gimme a call"



But now the first words out of her mouth



Are "Where is the closest mall?":)




Presents she had already received from her parents



But I had to buy her more



But what ever happened to liking



The Disney and Limited Too stores?




Hope came into my life



When I was only eighteen



I remember it like it was yesterday



She is my best real life dream




I couldn't imagine our family



Without Hope being a part



She is the first granddaughter, first niece



And will ALWAYS have a very special place in my heart!




So without going on forever



To Hope I want to say



I am sorry this is a day late



But Happy 13th Birthday!!




WE LOVE YOU HOPEY!!!!!



BoBo, Jones, and G-Dog:)






















4 comments:

Tricia said...

The first pictures are how I remember Hope. Happy Birthday Hope!!!
Great poem Joni! I am impressed!
I miss you!! When are you coming to see me or when can I come see you?

Shauna said...

Happy birthday Hope! I love you.

Now - your Aunt Joni....that is something else. No - you are not allowed on my blog yet!

Tiffany said...

Great poem! I remember when she was little just running around Nelson 3rd floor! She's is so grown up and gorgeous! Remember when I went to Thanksgiving with you??? What a fun road trip!

Mere Ware said...

So sweet! We were on a hike today and ran into the Bennett crew. We talked for a while and it made me miss you and sweet grant! Give him a squeeze for me!