Monday, July 14, 2008

Please Don't Be Offended...Especially You Shauna

Beau, Grant, and I left Thursday afternoon to spend an extended weekend in Texas. Mitzi, Jeff, and Thatcher were gracious enough to let us stay at there house in Flower Mound for the whole weekend!! Yes Shauna I said Flower Mound! I am so sorry friend, but we were busy the entire trip. Please don't be mad at me for too long:)!
We had the best time with the Christ family. It made us realize we go way too long in between visits. We did a lot of talking late at night, laughing, and taking tons of pictures of our sweet boys!! Here begins our weekend. These pictures are of the boys playing in there precious matching outfits on Friday morning that Mit bought for them...




Let me explain Thatcher to you. He has a serious look on his face most of the time until someone puts a camera in his face. Then this is what happens...
TOO CUTE!!!
Friday afternoon Grant and I went shopping in Southlake with Monica, Hope, and Emma. Then we met up with everybody at Central Market to eat.
Here is Grant and Thatcher sitting so big in their booster seats!!
Again here is Thatcher facial expression as soon as he sees the camera:)!!!!
Mit and I had to leave early b/c the boys were so sleepy. I love this pic of them sharing Grant's blanket to sleep! Beau and Jeff came later and brought us dessert from Central Market! DELICIOUS!!

Saturday Beau, Grant, and I spent the day at Brad's parents house who have a beautiful pool in their backyard.


Saturday night we met back up with Mit, Jeff, and Thatcher at Mi Cocina for some amazing Mexican food. I don't know what possess' people to put lemons into a small child's mouth, but we couldn't resist. Here is Grant's first taste of a lemon...




Sunday- This was the whole reason for our trip to Ft. Worth. Brad got recognized by ACU Alumni Association for the amazing work that he does, and for the amazing man that he is. Brad has been in my family since I was 10 years old, so I feel that I know him well. I already knew that he has an unbelievable heart and spirit, but when you hear others talk about your family you learn how they are to others outside your family. I think it is then that you truly know what kind of person someone is. And let me tell you there is no one more deserving of that award! I am so proud of Brad, and who he is and what he means to our family, but I am also proud of who he is in the work of furthering God's kingdom. He does more then I will ever know. Anyway all this to say I love him and we were so proud to be there to honor him.




OK. While we were waiting for the ceremony to begin the girls talked me into going through the kids play tunnel in Richland Hills church. So here we are trying to waste some time...




We had a great weekend, and to our friends who live close by that we didn't get to see, we are truly sorry. We will plan a trip soon to visit you all. We love ya'll!!




6 comments:

Glynis said...

I can't believe how big Hope & Emma have gotten! They look so grown up!
Looks like you had a good time, glad you got to spend time with family.

Tricia said...

I was going to say the say the same thing...Hope and Emma are not little girls anymore! I love seeing all the pictures and I am really happy for Brad! Glad you had a great weekend. Now when are you coming to Houston? The Fikes Boys are ready to wrestle with Grant!

Unknown said...

Yes, you offially suck becasue I did not even know that you were so close. OK not really but I need to see you soon. I am so proud of both Brad and Monica they do such wonderful things.

Mere Ware said...

I missed getting to see you this trip, friend! I'm glad ya'll had a fun time. I promise I am going to post about the game show tryouts but I have training all week this week from 8:00-4:00. So here I am at 9:00 feeling awfully sleepy! talk to you soon!!!

Amber Smith said...

Joni-

Would you mind e-mailing me your address?

ambsmith79@yahoo.com


Thanks!

Amber

Shauna said...

omg. I dont even want to talk to you.